Friday, July 8, 2011

Ending the Day With a "Yum"!

I am not meaning to brag, but...I went  a whole day without cheating! All healthy choices :)

Anyway, to end the day I made a very special treat: Sesame Seed Bar

Okay, so here's the recipe:

1 cup of Sesame Seeds (I used blanched,  but toasted would be fine)
1 cup of Agave (Honey works better...Agave will make it chew not crunchy)
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Dash of Salt

Heat the Agave in a saucepan until bubbly. Allow for the Agave to bubble for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the Sesame Seeds and Vanilla Extract. When all of the sesame seeds have been covered by the Agave, pour mixture onto a nonstick backing pan (I put down Non-Stick Aluminium Foil). Let the mixture sit out four a couple of hours to firm up so that it is crunchy. I popped mine in the oven (310 F) for 20 minutes to speed up the process!


Enjoy!

xoxo
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment