Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jillian is Kicking my....you know what!

      Okay, okay, let me catch my breath....Jillian Michaels (the notorious Biggest loser fitness coach) is kicking my butt...virtually. Let me tell you why/how.

      After realizing that I needed more than just a good walk, I began exploring other options to supplement my activity. I tried to go the gym, but seeing how I have never successfully worked out in my life...that didn't much work. I sort of looked like a kid pretending to wear mom's heels. I didn't try to kid myself, I don't know what the heck I am doing.


     Then I looked into getting a personal trainer. Sure this would work, I thought. I thought correctly but my wallet just can't do it. I am a full-time student/housewife. Needless to say, my husband and I are not exactly rolling in it. After crunching numbers, we quickly realized that it just couldn't happen.


    Well, that's frustrating! I then discovered a Biggest Loser game for the Kinect. We were both hesitant as to whether it could do the job or not. So instead of rushing out and loosing a bunch of money, we tried the demo. I'm not sure if you can picture this but there I was, sweat rolling down my face, cussing out the virtual trainer. After the workout, I flopped down on the couch. My husband asked me what I thought. All I said was, "It kicked my ass...I want it!"


    Today was my first day doing the workout. I am feeling it now. I highly recommend this game for someone who's in a similar situation- learning how to workout, overweight, or just out of practice. I don't see someone who works out daily and is trim really enjoying it or getting what they need from it. I hope to use it for about 6 months or so and then hopefully move to the gym. 

       So, that's how Jillian, we are on a first name basis, came to whip me into shape...I can see this is the beginning of a beautiful love/hate relationship. God, She's Good.

xoxo
Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment